Adapted Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program
Who should consider this program?
Anyone seeking a higher quality of well-being. MBSR has been proven to be helpful for those living with stress, pain, anxiety and panic, fatigue, depression, cancer, heart disease, gastrointestinal distress, insomnia, and other chronic conditions.
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is about paying attention, on purpose, moment by moment, with non-judgment. It is a discipline that strengthens the mind's ability to stay focused on what is happening right here, right now. It is recognizing when your attention wanders, noticing where it has gone, and gently, kindly bring it back to the present moment.
What is Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction?
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, or MBSR, is a program developed at the University of Massachusetts over 35 years ago by Jon Kabat-Zinn, a molecular biologist, who spent decades practicing meditation. MBSR helps you better understand and work with all the stresses in your life — physical, psychological and social. It's an education-based class in which you learn to bring the practice of mindfulness into your daily life, in both formal and informal ways.
The curriculum consists of a range of formal mindfulness meditation practices including breathing techniques to elicit relaxation, body scan, sitting meditation, walking meditation, gentle and mindful yoga, eating meditation, mindful listening, and loving-kindness meditations. You will leave the course with a toolkit of mindfulness practices to make your own.
What is adapted Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction?
Based on patient surveys and feedback, most people felt overburdened committing to a 2.5-hour session weekly, but still want to have the experience of the program. So we are offering the same program curriculum with a smaller class size to enhance the individual attention to each participant in the program. This allows us to shorten the time requirements and make it a more manageable program to fit into your busy schedule.
The interactive learning modules include:
· The attitudinal foundations of mindfulness
· How our perceptions of the world influence our experiences and attitudes
· How our bodies react to stress and ways to reduce the negative effects of stress
· How our interpersonal expectations and communications affect us
The MBSR Full Program Schedule:
Full Program schedule coming soon.
Cost of Full Program?
The tuition for the program is $525. If you attend Introductory Session the fee of $25 will be credited to the cost of the full course and your balance will be $500 for the 9 sessions and the Day of Mindfulness.
General Class Information:
- The MBSR Intake Form needs to be completed prior to your 1st session. Download the form here, complete it and send it back to the office. We recommend sending it back to us using any of our HIPPA compliant methods that include: uploading to the Patient Portal, the Spruce Health app, or faxing it to 610-320-2025. Please note: Our email may be used but it is NOT a HIPPA compliant and may put your private information at risk.
To streamline general communications for this course we ask you to please use the email address: email@example.com. Again, this is NOT a HIPPA compliant email address, so please do not communicate any personally sensitive information.
Tuesday, June 30, 7:00-8:30 PM
Wednesday, Sept 9, 7:00-8:30 PM